Journal Entry: Mon May 19, 2014, 12:08 AM
Here's the deal. Every time I make a long, drawn-out plan I end up shrugging it off like a New Year's Resolution. My posts recently have been few and far between, and because of the lack of comic updates and other things, I feel like my readership is dwindling.
Therefore, I have come up with a brand new plan for the future. This one HAS to work, because if I don't do this now, my schooling and career is going to suffer in the near future. So, by all means, annoying reminders, bricks to the head, or general poking are more than welcome. Help me stay on track!
Now, I've changed my weekly schedule so that now I have school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and work on MWF. Hopefully separating school and work like this will be the key to not only good grades (I bombed last semester OTL ), but a more productive work schedule as far as comics and such go.
Here's the rundown:
1. Homework. School, as always, comes first. If homework piles up, then the rest of this will have to be put on delay.
2. Commissions. Another big source of stress and self-esteem draining in my life. These are the first things on my list of things to knock out. Again, I'm willing to work out refunds for anyone who thinks I am taking too long. Just send me a note with your contact info so I can get the money to you. Please be aware I have to plan the financial hit for each refund, so I can't guarantee a set number of days for the refunds, but I will definitely get them out.
Art-wise, if I post anything other than commissions, please maim me with bricks. These srsly need to get done.
3. PMD: Redux. A project in which I am going to go through EVERY comic for PMD and make sure it is completed as it was meant to be completed. That means all comics should be in full-color, and all literary entries should have proper illustrations for each and every chapter. Obviously I won't be rude and redraw collaboration comics, since working with my dear friends on those comics is a precious memory for me.
The motivation for Redux, is because 80% of my comics for this group didn't get finished as intended due to deadline constraints. And with each missed deadline, my self-confidence just plummeted more and more. So redoing the comics to make them as I originally intended will bring me some much needed closure, and allow all of you to follow each team's story's flow properly, rather than the sporadic updates they were originally posted in. As such, I will be focusing on ONE team at a time, and doing their stories all the way to the end, so it should be easy to follow.
PMD: Redux is also a project I will be using in preparation for migrating some of my teams to PMD-U to continue their adventures!
4. Pokemon: Urban Underground (PKU). This is a pokemon group that I am an admin of, that is set to open very soon! So when this does get going, I will be posting lots of comics and such for this group along with the rest of these.
5. NaruHina Forgotten and BMTL. This is probably the most requested pair of projects I have ever done. I do apologize for the ridiculously spread out updates for these. As part of this plan, after PMD stuff is taken care of, I will be going through each of my original series and fancomics and drawing each of them ONE AT A TIME until they are finished. NH:Forgotten already has a chapter done, so it's logically the closest to being done. Plus it's in black and white, which makes updating easier and thus faster to accomplish. Therefore, this is the comic that will be finished first. BMTL will also be updated during this time.
6. RingTones (RT). That's right! Back from the dead, I have found a storyline that works for this story. It also happens to be one of the shorter story lines, and it was my very first comic series, so it's only fitting that I work on it first. Again, this comic will be drawn in full until it ends before I move on to the next one. I'm thinking this one will be black and white as well, with a few color pages thrown in here and there.
7. Pokemon: Amber Version (AV). Depending on how well I am keeping up, I may post this comic alongside RingTones. But either way, this one is next in line, as it too has a definite ending that's not incredibly prolonged. And if I post it along with RingTones, their lengths are somewhat similar, so they should both end around the same time as well.
8. Naruto: Search for the Namikaze Nine (NSNN). This comic may or may not actually happen. With the Naruto manga ending it's become really difficult to pin down a set plot for this comic. So we will see what happens.
9. Lunar Crisis (LC) and SpiritSong (SS). At last, after all of the previous things are done, then it will be time to move on to my two biggest comics. These comics have storylines that are incredibly long, and will likely be what I work on for most of my career, therefore they need a proper amount of attention, and unfortunately this also means they have to be last.
10. Feral Genesis (FG). A brand new comic series I am currently developing! This one is aimed at more adult audiences, and actually has a shorter storyline than some of the others. However, depending on what I can handle, I would like to start this one at the same time as SpiritSong and Lunar Crisis, as it will create a better balance of genres. And as I said, it's still in development, so I can't place it earlier on until I know the extent of the story's plot.
And that's about it I think! As far as timeline goes, I plan on having everything up to and including the PMD: Redux project done before the end of the summer. Then I will be doing PMD-U comics with some teams while continuing work on the PKU group. Come Autumn, school will be starting again, so I don't know if I will be able to start NH:Forgotten right away, but I do plan on having that comic, along with BMTL done by the end of the year. Then RingTones will start next January along with (maybe) AV, hopefully, and I can focus on just that and PMD: U and PKU.
PMD:U stories shouldn't last past next summer, and if I get a good pace going with RingTones, it could be done by the end of that summer. More than likely RT and AV will be done by the end of 2015. We'll just have to see how it goes.
So by my estimates then, I will currently be aiming to start SpiritSong and Lunar Crisis, officially, by my birthday in May of 2016. I know that seems like forever away, but I DO have a lot of projects before that XD I really wish I could start them sooner, but for now I'm trying to be realistic.
In any case, basically I'm going to be working on drawing like a madman for the next couple years. Then once I'm done with school I will hopefully be able to make a small income with SS, LC and maybe even FG, and get a job at a game company to supplement that income.
And then eventually, I will be able to make a career out of just doing my comics~
So there we are, the Game Plan as it stands now. Wish me luck!
Listening to: Pandora
Watching: The Office/Doctor Who/Supernatural
Playing: Just beat Metroid: Other M again (dem graphics)
Eating: .....hungry :C
Drinking: thirsty too! DX